Vegetables in Thai Red Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 66 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80006 times
A traditional, fiery-red thai curry simmered with assorted vegetables, this goes well with steamed rice. The basil leaves lend their characteristic aroma to this dish, while coconut milk balances the spices.
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, using little water. Keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and coconut milk in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the thai red curry paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cornflour-coconut milk mixture, soya sauce, half the quantity of basil leaves, mix well and simmer for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the baby corn, brinjal, broccoli, french beans. Mushroom and salt, mix well and simmer for another 10 to 12 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked and the curry thickens.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.