by Anupama Murali
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1746 times
Can also use, cauliflower, broccolli, lima beans.
Add your private note
Vegetable subzi recipe - How to make Vegetable subzi
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Mushrooms - 5 sliced 1/2" thick
Carrots - 2 cut 2 inch long and 1/2" thick
onion - 1 sliced
peas - 1/4 cup1/2 cup french beans
tamarind juice - 1/2 lemon size tamarind soaked in 1/2 cup warm water.
red chilly - 1 tsp
turmeric - 1tsp
dhaniya pwdr - 1tsp(Optional)
channa dal 1 tsp
urad dal 1 tsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
mustard seeds - 1 tsp
curry leaves - few nos.
coriander leaves to garnish salt to taste
oil 2 tsps
- In a kadai, heat oil, add channa dhal, urad dal, as they becomes golden in color, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, when the seeds start to splutter add curryleaves
- Add onions, turmeric and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Add carrots, beans and peas and fry till the are half cooked
- Add mushrooms and fry for 2 - 3 mins.
- Add red chilly powder, dhaniya powder, salt little tamarind juice and let it cook till the vegetables are done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves,
- Serve hot with rice and khadi, rice and dal, or just plain rice....
This recipe was contributed by Anupama Murali on 20 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.