by Tarla Dalal
Added to 120 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28355 times
Appetising, cocktail-sized snack made from bottle gourd, potatoes and onions, with a generous sprinkling of piquant onion masala mixture. Serve vegetable kebabs hot, with tea or at a cocktail party, and bask in the compliments.
- Squeeze out all the water from the bottle gourd, combine it with all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into15 equal portions.
- Shape 3 portions of the mixture into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter flat round kebab.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry the few kebabs, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 12 more kebabs in 4 more batches.
- Whilst the kebabs are hot, press them flat using a spoon and sprinkle a little onion masala mixture on top of each kebab.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per kebab
|Vitamin A||76.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.