by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 53 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41426 times
Jalfrezi is usually a dish made with green chillies, capsicum and onions as the base. In this variation, I have used my favourite combination of tofu and mixed veggies as the main ingredients.
The tanginess imparted by the tomatoes and vinegar is the characteristic flavour of this dish.
You can also try other recipes like Corn Capsicum or Soya Kofta Curry .
- Heat the soya oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the spring onions and capsicum and sauté for 2 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the tofu, mixed vegetables and tomatoes and sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix together the tomato pulp, tomato ketchup, vinegar, cornflour paste, sugar, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander-cumin seeds powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add this mixture to the vegetables, mix well and simmer on a slow flame for 5 minutes or till the gravy thickens and coats the vegetables evenly.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.