by Tarla Dalal
Added to 272 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 86344 times
Close your eyes and imagine a bowlful of vibrantly coloured chunks of capsicums mixed with juicy yellow sweet corn kernels. Isn’t it a sight that makes you drool? Add to it an assortment of well-chosen ingredients like onions, tomato pulp, dried fenugreek leaves, and such, and there you have a Corn Capsicum subzi that is simply irresistible. Serve hot with any unleavened breads.
- Combine the cornflour and milk in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the coloured capsicum, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fresh tomato pulp, dried fenugreek leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn, cornflour-milk mixture, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.