Upma in A Microwave, Rava Upma, Semolina Upma
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 208 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38709 times
When in a hurry, Upma is the first breakfast option that comes to your mind! This sumptuous and easy dish can be served as a snack any time during the day, whenever hunger strikes.
The Upma is also a versatile dish. You can make it easy and plain, like in this microwave version, or you can add juicy and colourful veggies to it to make it more elaborate.
In this quick-fix version, rava and onions are cooked with a traditional tempering to make a homely and tasty snack. Serve it hot and fresh, garnished with coriander and a squeeze of lemon if you like a tangy twist!
You can also try other Upma recipes like Oats Upma and Coriander Upma .
- Place the rava in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1½ minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the oil, mustard seeds and urad dal in another microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions, curry leaves, ginger and green chillies, mix well and microwave on high for 1½ minutes.
- Add the rava, mix well and microwave on high for 1½ minutes.
- Add the salt and 1½ cups of hot water, mix well microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||93.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.