by Tarla Dalal
Added to 571 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25206 times
The tricolour uttapam is very appealing in all aspects – aroma, looks and flavour. The combination of tomatoes, corn, carrots, capsicum and onions makes it colourful, tasty and healthy. Arrange the vegetables neatly to differentiate the three colours well.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and fry till they are golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and stir for some time. Remove from the fire and keep aside.
- Put the corn, capsicum and carrot in 3 small bowls.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and salt in each bowl. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava on a medium flame.
- Put 1 ladle of the batter on it.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the onion-tomato mixture in it.
- Spread the corn, capsicum and carrot mixture on top of this mixture in such a way that you get three different coloured portions on your uttappam.
- Cook till done on both the sides, using a little oil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and mixture.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.