Toast with Spinach and Tomato Spread
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20477 times
Pep up multigrain bread with a tangy tomato spread and a healthy topping of spinach and sprouts. Kids will definitely love this colourful vitamin-rich treat, while adults will relish the low cholesterol start to the day!
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan , add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the bean sprouts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach, chilli flakes, salt and pepper and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the oregano and tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the basil, sugar and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, apply ? tsp butter on both sides of each bread slice and toast them lightly on a hot tava griddle), till both sides are golden brown in colour.
- Cut each toast into two diagonally and serve immediately with spinach and tomato spread.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.