Thai Sub Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12182 times
If you like your sandwich creamy and luscious, then you will fall head over heels in love with this Thai Sub Sandwich. The filling for this sandwich is quite innovative, and has a clear Thai character.
It is basically made of veggies in a creamy coconut milk base. We have used coconut milk powder to speed up the preparation! A dash of Thai sweet chilli sauce and, of course, cheese add to the excitement.
Beware when you bite into this Thai Sub Sandwich for the yummy contents will ooze out and drown you in joy!
You can also treat your loved ones and yourself to other sub sandwiches like Paneer Tikka Sub Sandwich and Cheesy Veg Footlong .
- Combine the coconut milk powder, milk and cornflour in a deep bowl, whisk well and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the mixed vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, ginger paste and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut-cornflour mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place the french breads on a clean, dry surface and cut each bread horizontally into two.
- Apply a little butter on all the bread halves.
- Place the bread halves on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- Place the lower half of a toasted bread on a clean, dry surface, apply 1 tbsp of the thai sweet chilli sauce on it.
- Place a portion of the stuffing, put 1 tbsp of the thai sweet chilli sauce, 2 tbsp cheese evenly over it.
- Sandwich it with the upper half of the french bread with the buttered-sauce side facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 3 more sub sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per sandwiche
|Vitamin A||917.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||20.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||27.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.