by Tarla Dalal
Added to 559 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76335 times
Thai cooking is a tempting blend of Indian, Chinese and Malay cooking. Varying form the soothing coconut to fiery chillies, these flavours of Thailand on one platter are sure to stimulate your taste buds and your appetite too!
1 1/2 cups tender sweet corn kernels, raw1 to 2 tbsp red curry paste, recipe below2 tsp soy sauce1 to 2 tbsp rice flour (chawal ka atta) salt to taste oil for deep-frying1 cup long grained rice (basmati)1 bayleaf (tejpatta)4 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)1 tsp fresh mint leaves (phudina), chopped1 tsp fresh basil, chopped1 green chilli, finely chopped1 tbsp oil salt to taste1/2 cup baby corn , halved1/4 cup carrot cubes1/2 cup broccoli florets1/4 cup mushrooms (khumbh), sliced3 to 4 tbsp red curry paste, recipe below1 1/2 cups coconut milk1/2 tsp soy sauce6 to 8 basil leaves, chopped1 tbsp cornflour , mixed in 1/2 cup water1/2 tbsp oil salt to taste1/2 cup onions, sliced thickly1 cup capsicum cubes1 cup zucchini, sliced1/2 tsp sugar2 tsp oil salt and black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste5 red chillies , soaked in warm water for 10 minutes1/2 cup chopped onions4 cloves garlic (lehsun) , peeled1/2 tbsp grated ginger (adrak)1 stalk of lemongrass (hare chai ki patti)1/2 tbsp ground coriander (dhania) powder1 tbsp ground cumin seeds (jeera)1 tsp white peppercorn1/4 tsp salt1 tbsp oil mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Lightly crush the sweet corn in a blender.
- Add the red curry paste, soya sauce and salt and bind it with the rice flour to make a soft dough.
- Using lightly oiled hands, shape the mixture into 4 cutlets and deep fry in hot oil till they are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Wash and drain the rice.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the rice and fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, the bay leaf and salt and cook on a slow flame, covered with a lid till all the liquid is absorbed.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan again and cook for 10 minutes or till the rice is done.
- Remove the bay leaf. Stir in the coriander, mint, basil and green chilli. Keep aside.
- Parboil the baby corn, carrots, broccoli and mushrooms and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the red curry paste and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the coconut milk, soya sauce, basil leaves and all the vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Add the cornflour paste and salt and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes till the curry thickens. Keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the capsicum and saute for 2 to 3 more minutes. Then add the zucchini slices.
- Add the sugar, salt and pepper and sauté till the vegetables are caramelized. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 sizzler plates over an open flame till they are red hot. Then place them on their respective wooden trays.
- Arrange the caramelized vegetables on the sides of each cast iron plate.
- Place the warm green rice in the centre and pour the Thai red curry over it.
- Place 2 hot sweet corn cutlets on one side of the plate.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients on the second sizzler plate to make another sizzler.
- Pour the oil-water mixture over the cast iron plates for a sizzling effect.
- Serve immediately.
- When parboil the vegetables for the curry, pour ice cold water over them so that the cooking proces is arrested,resulting in fresh looking vegetables.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.