Sweet salt golas
This recipe has been viewed 1120 times
It is a healthy non fried snack and will be enjoyed by both children and elders.
Add your private note
Sweet salt golas recipe - How to make Sweet salt golas
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Channa dal 1/2 cup
Toor dal 1/2 cup
Green gram dal 1/4 cup
Red chillies 4-5
concentrate 1 tsp
Jaggery 1 tblsp
Coconut(grated) 1 tblsp
Coriander leaves 1 tblsp chopped
Curry leaves a few
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tsp
Mustard 1 tsp
Asofetida a pinch
- Soak the channa dal, toor dal and the green gram dal together for 2 hours.
- Grind the 3 dals along with the salt, red chillies, tamarind paste, jaggery, asofetida and coconut into a coarse paste.
- Steam this paste in a steam pot or in a idli steamer for 10-15 mins.
- Cool it thoroughly and crumble into a powdery mass.
- Add the chopped coriander and curry leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard.allow it to splutter and add to the dal mixture.
- Mix well and make into lemon sized balls.
- Serve with any sauce of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#398393 on 26 Jan 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.