Subzi Tofu Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14186 times
With mixed vegetables, tofu, wheat flour and soya flour, this Paratha is very high on the nutrition scale! It is also pretty zesty and kids are sure to love it, whether you serve it for breakfast or as a wholesome mid-day snack. Boiled and mashed potatoes impart body, and bind the other ingredients. Those who appreciate a little strong flavour, can add a teaspoon of chopped garlic to the stuffing. Relish it with Soya Mutter in Coconut Gravy or any other subzi of your choice.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside and cool completely.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre and fold the edges of the dough over the stuffing.
- Pinch the edges together to seal the stuffing and remove the excess dough.
- Flatten the stuffed dough and roll out again into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using little oil, on a medium flame till both the sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 7 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.