Stuffed Sukha Puri with Aloo
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3408 times
A sure-shot hit with kids and adults, the Stuffed Sukha Puri with Aloo is a classic chaat recipe that is especially popular in North India.
Many people in North India love to top off a serving of gol gappe with a Sukha Puri at the end. This crunchy-munchy snack is nothing but small and crisp puris stuffed with mashed potatoes and seasoned with a range of tongue-tickling spice powders including chaat masala and black salt.
A squeeze of lemon boosts the flavour of all the spices making this a truly appetizing bite! You can enjoy the Sukha Puri as an evening snack , as an end to a serving of pani puri , as a starter at parties, or as a quick munch at any time of the day!
You can also try other puri based snacks like the Thai Pani Puri or Chocolate Pani Puri .
- Combine the potatoes, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, black salt, lemon juice, chaat masala and salt in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Make a hole in the centre of each puri using your thumb.
- Place 6 puris on a plate, and fill each puri with little prepared potato mixture.
- Put 1 tsp sev and sprinkle ½ tsp coriander over each puri.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 2 more plates.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per plate
|Vitamin A||397.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||31.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.