Stuffed Capsicum in Tomato Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 85782 times
This is an interesting and tasty way to include tofu in your diet… so interesting that you will no longer be the centre of attraction at your party… this dish will steal the limelight! Grated tofu and potatoes mixed with spices and vegetables, stuffed into capsicum, topped with hot rich gravy. Choose small sized capsicum as they are easy to stuff and cook for this particular recipe. While you are blanching the capsicum take care not to overcook them as they will soften and lose their shape. They need to be firm enough to hold the stuffing. Once baked, they turn slightly crisp on the outer surface. Serve immediately to make the most of that delectable crispness!
- Heat the soya oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-green chilli paste, mixed vegetables, tofu, potatoes and salt. Mix well and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes and keep aside.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the soya oil in kadhai, add the cashewnuts and sauté till they turn golden brown.
- Remove the cashewnuts, drain out the soya oil and blend them to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining soya oil in the same pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté for another minute.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and tomatoes and cook till the soya oil separates from the gravy.
- Add the prepared cashewnut paste, garam masala, cream, salt and sugar and bring to boil. Keep aside.
- Cut the stem of the capsicum and remove and discard the seeds.
- Boil a vesselful of water, when the water starts boiling add the capsicum and cook for a minute. Drain and immerse in cold water. Drain again and keep aside.
- Stuff each capsicum with a portion of the stuffing.
- Arrange the stuffed capsicum on a greased baking dish and garnish with the tofu.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 10 minutes or till the capsicum are cooked.
- Just before serving, arrange the capsicum on a serving dish, pour the hot gravy on top and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.