Strawberry and Pineapple Praline Cake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6672 times
Praline gives any dessert an irresistible appeal, with its interesting crunch and delightful sweetness. It is easy to recreate the same praline effect using crushed mixed nut chikki.
You just need to be careful to crush the chikki coarsely so you actually meet tidbits of it when you munch on the cake.
In this heavenly Strawberry and Pineapple Praline Cake, vanilla sponge cake is sandwiched with juicy fruits, coated with whipped cream and topped with crushed chikki.
Each bite of this cake is a memorable experience! You can also try making other desserts like Eggless Semolina and Coconut Cake , and White Chocolate Walnut Praline Rocks .
- Cut the cake horizontally into two parts.
- Sprinkle the soaking syrup on both the cake halves.
- Spread ½ cup of the prepared beaten whipped cream mixture on the lower half and spread it evenly using a palette knife.
- Sprinkle the pineapple and strawberries evenly over it.
- Sandwich with the other halve of the cake and press it lightly.
- Spread the remaining 1cup of beaten whipped cream mixture evenly on top and at the sides of the cake with the help of a palette knife and sprinkle the mixed nut chikki evenly over it.
- Finally decorate it with strawberry slices all around the sides of the cake.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, cut into wedges and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.