Strawberry Cream Roll
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12196 times
Melt-in-the-mouth vanilla cake, lined with tongue-tickling tangy-sweet strawberry jam, whipped cream and fresh fruit.
This combination of jam, cream and fruit gives the stuffing a truly fascinating mouth-feel, which contrasts beautifully with the soft and fluffy cake.
Refrigerate the Strawberry Cream Roll for at least 30 minutes before slicing, so that the roll sets properly.
Try other recipes like the Strawberry Praline Cake and the Strawberry Paneer Pie .
- Grease a 200 mm. X 150 mm. (10” x 6”) aluminium tin with butter, place a butter paper of the same size over it and again grease the butter paper with butter. Keep aside.
- Combine the eggs and castor sugar in a deep bowl, mix well and beat using an electric beater for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium speed, till it is light and fluffy.
- Add the plain flour and vanilla essence and mix gently with the help of a spatula.
- Transfer the batter into the greased and lined tin and bake in an pre-heated at 200°c (400°f) for 8 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once it is slightly cooled, loosen the sides of the cake using a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar evenly on a clean, dry surface and invert the cake tin over it. Slowly peel the butter paper and discard it.
- Apply the prepared filling evenly over the cake and roll the cake gently from one side to the other to form a swiss roll and refrigerate it for atleast 30 minutes.
- Cut the roll into 7 equal portions using a sharp knife.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per roll (7 piece)
|Vitamin A||1092.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||78.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.