by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12471 times
Classic rice phirni enhanced with custard apple pulp, the Sitafal Phirni has a memorable flavour that lingers in your taste buds. The sweet and soothing fragrance of custard apple that fills the air as soon as you open the bowl, doubles your confidence in the power of this dessert to captivate all diners!
- Combine the rice with ½ cup of cold milk and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Combine the rice mixture, remaining 3½ cups of milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and
- Cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while scrapping the sides of the pan and stirring continuously.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes or till the mixture thickens and the rice is cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely, add the custard apple pulp and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve chilled garnished with cardamom powder.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.