Samosa Kadhi Chaat
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 470 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47064 times
Traditionally, samosas are served with chutney or chole, but this one which is a personal favourite of mine, is a bit different. I have experimented serving them with a coconut kadhi and to add some crunch to the dish, I have added chopped spring onions. This chaat is a meal in itself! The coconut kadhi uses coconut milk which is the liquid extracted with water from the coconut flesh. Coconut milk are now available in tetra packs at grocery stores, so you need not go through the effort of extracting it!
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a firm dough using water. Knead well.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into 125 mm. x 50 mm. (5" x 2") oval. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the asafoetida and ginger-green chilli paste.
- Sauté for 1 minute and add the potato, green peas, capsicum, amchur, coriander-cumin seed powder, garam masala and salt.
- Mix well and mash lightly.
- Remove from the fire, cool, divide into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide each samosa covering oval into 2 halves.
- Make a cone from each part and stuff with the filling.
- Seal the edges carefully usign a little water. Repeat with the remaining oval halves and filling to make 11 more samosas.
- Deep fry in hot oil on a slow flame till golden brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Add the gram flour to the curds, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and curry leaves.
- When the curry leaves splutter, add the ginger and red chilli and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the gram flour-curds mixture and salt and mix well. Simmer on a slow flame till the kadhi thickens while stirring constantly. Keep aside.
- Place the hot samosas in a serving bowl and spoon the hot kadhi over them.
- Top with the khajur imli ki chutney and green chutney.
- Garnish with the coriander, spring onions and cherry tomatoes.
- Serve hot.
Samosa Kadhi Chaat Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.