by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24204 times
The Mughals are known for their love of all things delicious and fragrant. Thus flowers hold a special place in Mughlai cooking. The rose with its lovely fragrance and delicious subtle flavours is their first choice.
The ever-popular Falooda that is available today at every restaurant just down the road is the innovation of the Mughlai.
This popular recipe uses readily available rose syrup along with freshly prepared Falooda sev and cooling garden cress seeds. Enjoy this drink chilled on a hot summer day!
Do try other rose flavoured recipes like Rose Barfi , Rose and Almond Ice Cream and Coconut Rose Drink .
Add your private note
Rose Falooda recipe - How to make Rose Falooda
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Combine the cornflour and 2½ cups of water in a bowl to make a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan and bring to boil on a slow flame, while stirring continuously.
- When the mixture becomes translucent, put it in the 'sev' press and squeeze by hand through the sieve into a vessel filled with chilled water and ice-cubes. Keep aside in the water.
- In a tall glass, add 1 tablespoon of soaked garden cress seeds, some falooda sev and 1 tablespoon of rose syrup.
- Place a long stemmed spoon in the glass and pour ¾ cup of milk, very slowly, along the stem of the spoon, in order to separate the rose syrup layer from the milk.
- Top with ¼ cup of ice-cubes and 1 scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more glasses.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||0.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||34.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.