Roasted Chana Dal Chutney, Healthy Chutney
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6265 times
This South Indian chutney, replete with the nutty flavour of chana dal and the peppy flavour of spices, is sure to add a flavourful dimension to any dish it’s served with.
The Roasted Chana Dal chutney gets its pleasant tang from curds, which also contributes to the nice consistency and mouth-feel of this chutney. Serve it with idlis or dosas .
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the chana dal and roast on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Transfer it on a plate and cool completely.
- Blend in a mixer along with the cumin seeds, ginger, dry red chillies and salt to a coarse powder.
- Transfer the powder into a deep bowl, add the curds and 2½ tbsp of water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp of oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared chutney and mix well.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.