Rajma Spinach Cheese Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 81 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34491 times
Once your kids have tasted this paratha, you will surprised to see rajma and spinach rise to the top of their favourite ingredients list! Indeed, this innovative Rajma Spinach Cheese Paratha is a scrumptious treat that your kids will love to the core, thanks to the punchy taste of capsicum, onions and tomatoes and the interesting mouth-feel of the beans and spinach.
Let’s not forget the appealing taste and texture of cheese, which makes this paratha a super-hit! A combination of protein and calcium-rich ingredients helps strengthen your kids’ bones, making this tasty treat a healthful one too. Just take care to limit the amount of oil used to cook these parathas in order to keep the health quotient on the higher side.
- Combine the wheat flour and salt in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Combine the rajma, little salt and enough water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 5 whistles. Drain well.
- Mash the rajma slightly using a potato masher. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rajma mixture, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Divide the rajma and spinach mixture into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the rajma and spinach mixture on one half of the paratha, sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it and fold into a semi-circle.
- Fold again to get a triangle.
- Roll again lightly into a thick triangle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using ½ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.