by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 325 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41125 times
The famous Maharashtrian savoury snack takes on a new dimension in this innovative recipe.
Potato Bhakarwadi is a modified version of the traditional savoury, with a layer of mashed potato between the flour dough and spicy coconut mixture. This new layer improves the texture making it softer and easier to eat, while also balancing the flavour well.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough, potato mixture and coconut mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle, using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the potato mixture over the rolled circle and spread the potato mixture evenly all over it gently with help of a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle 1 portion of the coconut mixture evenly over it and roll it up tightly.
- Seal the edges with a little water.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 3 more rolls.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry 2 rolls at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Cool slightly and cut each roll into 12 equal slices.
- Serve immediately.
Potato Bhakarwadi Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bhakarwadi
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.