by Tarla Dalal
Added to 621 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 160429 times
Pista barfi has a mild nutty flavour and attractive colour, both of which make it very tempting. This barfi is mildly flavoured with cardamom, and tastes good as such, but if you wish for a more elaborate presentation, you could choose to sandwich two varieties of barfi, garnish with roasted nuts and saffron, or come up with your own splendid ideas!
- Soak the pistachios in enough warm water in a bowl for about 30 minutes.
- Drain all the water, peel the pistachios and blend them in a mixer into a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the syrup is of 1 string consistency, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pista paste, mix well and cook on a slow flame for approx. 5 to 7 minutes or till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture on a greased 150 mm. (6”) diameter plate and spread it evenly using a flat spoon. Keep aside to set for 1 hour.
- Cut into 9 equal square pieces.
- Serve immediately or store at room temperature in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.