Pineapple Kesari, Microwave Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 98 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15227 times
The Pineapple Kesari is a variant of the ever-popular Kesari Baath, a dessert made in Karnataka. The people there love it so much that they have it even for breakfast!
While the original recipe uses fresh, chopped pineapples to flavour the cooked and sweetened semolina, here we have used pineapple puree, so that the flavour is stronger and more uniform.
Using a mixture of milk and water to cook the semolina gives it a rich taste, which is further intensified by a dash of spices like saffron and cardamom.
Use small/ fine semolina for making kesari as that will give you a nice, smooth halwa-like texture. Preparing the Pineapple Kesari in the microwave oven not only makes the process quicker but also retains the aroma and taste of the pineapple puree very well.
You can also use pineapples to make other delicacies like the Pineapple Jam and Pineapple Jam Filled Bread Tarts .
- Combine the saffron and warm milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the pineapple purée and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk, water, remaining 4 tbsp of sugar and milk-saffron mixture in another microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the semolina and ghee in another microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Add the semolina to the milk mixture, mix well and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Add the cooked pineapple and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.