Pineapple Crumble, Fresh Pineapple Crumble
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 92 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63867 times
Here is a crumbly, melt-in-the-mouth dessert with the peppy flavour of pineapple and the magical touch of spices like nutmeg and cinnamon. Brown sugar and soft butter are essential for the success of the Pineapple Crumble, because they give the right colour and texture.
Muesli too plays an important part as it contributes a thoroughly enjoyable crunch to this dessert . The Fresh Pineapple Crumble tends to release a little water after baking, but just go ahead and serve it because it tastes fantastic despite that!
When served with a dollop of Vanilla Cream , the combo is irresistible.
- Combine the pineapple and ½ cup of brown sugar in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the remaining ½ cup of brown sugar, plain flour, muesli, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and butter in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Spread the pineapple-brown sugar mixture in a greased 150 mm. (6") diameter bowl and press it lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Spread the plain flour-muesli mixture evenly over it and again press it with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.