Peas and Mushroom on Cream Crackers
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17192 times
Makes a great after school snack with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the capsicum, green chillies, tomatoes, green peas, mushrooms and salt and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in a non-stick pan on a slow flame. Add the flour and cook on a slow flame, stirring continuously for about a minute.
- Gradually add the milk and stir continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Add salt, pepper and the prepared vegetable mixture mix well. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, top the cream crackers with the peas and mushroom mixture.
- Spread a little of the white sauce over the mixture, sprinkle the cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) till the cheese melts. Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.