Pav Bhaji Made with Doodhi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8007 times
The moment we decide to make Pav Bhaji, the first ingredient that we take out is the potatoes! However, this recipe will jolt you out of this belief.
This unique bhaji is made with doodhi and without potatoes at all. Coupled with the usual veggies like tomatoes, onions, cauliflower, carrots, peas, etc., and flavoured with the classic pav bhaji masala, this bhaji tastes just as awesome as the usual one.
Serve it with fresh butter-toasted pav bread to make a delectable snack. Try other recipes like Pav Sandwich or Pav Bhaji Masala .
Add your private note
Pav Bhaji Made with Doodhi recipe - How to make Pav Bhaji Made with Doodhi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Combine the bottle gourd, cauliflower, carrot, green peas and ½ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Mash it well using a potato masher. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared mashed veggies, chilli powder, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the coriander and lemon juice and mix well. Keep aside.
- Slit 2 pavs vertically and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), add 1 tbsp of butter and slit open the pavs and place on it.
- Cook on a medium flame till they turn light brown and crisp on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to cook more pavs. Keep aside.
- Serve the bhaji hot with pavs, onions and lemon wedges.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.