Palak Kofta Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15888 times
Koftas add zing to the zero oil palak rice. Try making these soft and tasty koftas with low-fat paneer and palak. Not only palak, but low-fat paneer is also a health booster as it contains protein, calcium and vitamin A. Steaming the koftas instead of deep-frying not only slashes down the fat content but also helps to make them soft.
- Keep 2½ cups of water for boiling in a deep non-stick pan.
- Heat a pressure cooker on a medium flame, and when hot, add the cumin seeds and dry roast on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the green chillies and brown rice, mix well and dry roast on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the palak, salt and hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Separate each grain of rice lightly using a fork. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions. Shape each portion into an even sized round.
- Steam the koftas in a steamer for 7 to 8 minutes. Keep aside.
- Pour the hot palak rice into a serving plate.
- Put the paneer palak koftas over the palak rice.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.