Open Chunky Vegetable Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 80 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42353 times
Multi-textured veggies mingle with cheeses, herbs and seasonings to make a zesty bite! A dab of garlic mayonnaise takes this Open Chunky Vegetable Sandwich a notch higher with its luscious consistency and snazzy taste.
Made with burger bun halves, this open sandwich looks quite attractive too. A creamy mouth-feel with chunky veggies makes it a sure-shot winner with youngsters and adults. It is a great recipe to serve at kids’ parties .
You can also try other recipes like the Chunky Cheese and Vegetable Open Burger or Open Bean Burger .
- Cut each burger buns horizontally into 2 equal halves and scoop out the centers of each bread bun halve and brush each halve with 1tsp of melted butter.
- Arrange the bread halves on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan add the celery and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the capsicum, potatoes, green peas and carrot and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the paneer, mozzarella cheese, mixed herbs, chilli flakes, milk, mayonnaise and salt and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide the filling into 6 equal portions.
- Place all the baked burger buns on a clean dry surface, and top it with the prepared filling over each bun.
- Spread ½ tsp of tomato ketchup over each bun.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per sandwich
|Vitamin A||446.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.