Oats Roti, Ibs Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3196 times
Here is an innovative Indian bread that can be comfortably relished by those with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
The dough combines oats flour and besan with aromatic mint, which is also soothing for the stomach. Flax seeds add a nice crunch to the Oats Roti, but it is optional and can be avoided if you have diarrhea or if it does not suit your stomach.
Since we have used very little oil in this recipe, it is very important to serve it immediately before it gets dry. Also remember to keep the flame low when you cook these rotis or they will remain uncooked.
- Combine all ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into 125 mm. (5") diameter circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti on a slow flame, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 5 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.