by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 83 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33676 times
With vegetable dressing and brown bread buns, here’s presenting Nutritious Burger, a hearty all-in-one fare. The potato tikkis have been substituted with soya tikkis as the chemical “choline” in it helps to control diabetes and prevent nerve damage.
- Clean and wash the soya granules thoroughly.
- Combine the soya granules and 1 cup of hot water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside to soak for 10 minutes. Drain and squeeze out all the water and discard it.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the soya granules, in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into an even sized flat round tikki.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with ¼ tsp of oil and cook each tikki using r ? tsp oil on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Divide the vegetable dressing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Slice a whole whear burger bun into two halves and toast each halve lightly on a tava (griddle) using ? tsp of butter.
- Spread a portion of the dressing on each halve.
- Place the lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered-dressing side facing upwards, and put 1 lettuce leaf, 1 cutlet, 3 cucumber slices, 3 tomato slices and 1 onion slice, and cover with an upper half of the bun with the buttered- dressing side facing down and press
- Repeat step 4 to make 5 more burgers.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per burger
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.