Mushroom Pie, Veg Mushroom and Spring Onion Pie
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14494 times
Homemade pie crusts with a buttery, melt-in-the-mouth texture are topped with a scrumptious topping of mushrooms and spring onion greens in a creamy white sauce base.
The combination of spring onion greens and mushrooms is really outstanding, and when topped with loads of cheese and baked, it is truly a recipe to remember.
You can serve this as an evening snacks or as a starter at a party . Make sure you serve it immediately to enjoy the cheesiness and crunch.
You can also try other mushroom recipes like the Mushroom Snack and the Mushrooms Stuffed with Paneer .
Add your private note
Mushroom Pie, Veg Mushroom and Spring Onion Pie recipe - How to make Mushroom Pie, Veg Mushroom and Spring Onion Pie
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Baking Time: 35 minutes Baking Temperature: 200°C (400°F) Total Time:
1 hours 1 minutesMakes 6 servings
- Sieve the flour in a deep bowl, add the butter and salt and rub in with your fingertips.
- Add about 1½ tbsp of ice-cold water to make a dough.
- Roll out the dough into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle.
- Arrange the rolled out dough in a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter loose bottom pie dish.
- Press the dough into pie dish and prick with a fork on the bottom and sides.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the green chillies, garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the white sauce, spring onion greens, salt and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Put the mushroom and spring onion mixture in the prepared pie crust and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.