This recipe has been viewed 552 times
The jaggery syrup can be added accordingly no need to add all the syrup made of 1kg of jaggery
Add your private note
Munthiri koothu recipe - How to make Munthiri koothu
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Moong Dhal- 1/2 kg
Coconut powder-2 cups (fried brown)
Kesar colour-1 pinch
Oil for frying
- 1. fry the dhal to golden brown.set aside to cool
- 2.make syrup with the jaggery
- 3.powder the dhal and ellaici in the mixer grinder
- 4.mix this with the coconut powder
- 5. slowly add the cooled jaggery syrup and mix the flour simultaneously pouring the syrup
- 6.when the mix comes to the consistency of making balls stop adding syrup
- 7.make small balls quickly before it hardens
- 8.for 1/2 kg you may get around 50 balls
- Batter for frying
- 1.mix the rice flour, kesar colour adding water bring it to the consistency of dosa mix
- Munthiri koothu
- This means balls of grapes in bunch
- 1. heat the oil for frying
- 2.take 4-5 dhal balls dip in the rice batter and throw them clinging together into the oil.
- 3.when it turns golden brown take out from the oil and cool it.
- 4. fry all the remaining balls like this
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#421367 on 17 Aug 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.