More Kuzhambu, South Indian Doodhi Buttermilk Curry
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (More Kuzhambu, South Indian Doodhi Buttermilk Curry in Hindi)
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 75161 times
- Combine the buttermilk, little salt and turmeric powder in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the bottle gourd, little salt and 2 cups of water in a deep pan, mix well and simmer till it is cooked (for approx. 10 to 12 minutes), stirring once in between.
- Add the prepared paste and buttermilk, mix gently and simmer for another 5 minutes, while stirring continuously. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek seeds and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the kuzhambu and mix well. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||138.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.