Molten Lava Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8105 times
One of the all-time favourites of all chocolate-lovers, the Molten Lava Cake is so popular that it is sold not just in patisseries and dessert bars but also in other restaurants and eateries such as pizzerias.
Indeed, no one can resist this melt-in-the-mouth cake with gooey chocolate oozing out of its centre!
In order to get the perfect mouth-feel, with the molten lava effect, you must serve this immediately after unmoulding.
Avoid over-baking as the filling will harden and you will no longer have that molten chocolate inside it! We have used milk at room temperature, not cold milk.
You can also try other yummy desserts like the Chocolate Popcorn Marshmallow Bars or Chocolate Pie
- Sift the cocoa powder, plain flour, sugar and baking powder in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat enough water in a saucepan and allow it to boil.
- Once the water starts boiling, put the dark chocolate in a heat resistant glass bowl and place it over the saucepan, taking care that the base of the bowl is not in contact with the water. Cook it on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously or till the chocolate melts completel
- Add the butter and mix well till it melts. Let it cool slightly. Keep aside.
- Add the milk to the flour-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add the chocolate-butter mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into greased and dusted oven safe molds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes.
- Once they are out of the oven, loosen the sides of the cake using a butter knife and turn it onto a plate and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.