Mix Dal and Rice Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10427 times
Really satiating and super tasty, this Mixed Dal and Rice Dosa is an amazing dish to have for breakfast as it will keep you full for a long time and also give you a good dose of nutrients, especially protein.
The batter for this dosa is made by combining rice and whole wheat with four different types of dal. This gives the dosa a fabulous texture and a homely, traditional flavour too.
With a dash of spices, this dosa tastes good just by itself, but add a cup of sambhar or chutney to the meal to make it tastier.
You can also try other healthy dosas like Whole Wheat Dosa with Mixed Vegetables and Instant Whole Wheat Vegetable Dosa .
- Combine the rice, toovar dal, urad dal, chana dal, whole moong and whole wheat in a deep bowl and soak it in enough water for 2 hours. Drain well.
- Blend in a mixer along with 1½ cups of water till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the salt and mix well. Cover it with a lid and keep aside to ferment in a warm place for 12 hours.
- Once fermented, add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a large ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle.
- Smear ¼ tsp of oil over it and along the edges and cook on a high flame till the dosa turns brown in colour and crisp from both the sides.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 9 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.