Mini Pizza Cups
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1190 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80190 times
Missing pizzas in a party menu? Well, worry not, turn your favourite dish into an handy format, which can be served on any occasion as a starter or as a snack .
Muffin moulds are lined with pizza dough and baked with a topping of luscious white sauce based, veggie-packed mixture, pizza sauce, seasonings and of course, cheese – basically, all the usual pizza works! Voila, when you open the oven, you will find scrumptious Mini Pizza Cups waiting to be devoured!
You can also try other variants of pizza like Pizza Burger Bowl or Pizza Puff .
- Combine dry yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of lukewarm water in a small bowl and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air and divide the dough into 11 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, sweet corn kernels and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the white sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the filling into 11 equal portion and keep aside.
- Roll each portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle using some plain flour for rolling.
- Press each rolled portion of the dough into the cavities of a greased muffin tray. Keep aside.
- Fill each cavity with 2 tsp of pizza sauce and portion of the prepared filling.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese, little chilli flakes and little mixed herbs evenly in each pizza cup and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.