Massaman Curried Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 238 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36091 times
‘Massaman Curry’ is a traditional Thai dish that imbibes many aspects of Malay curries. Massaman curried rice is a memorable rice ‘experience’ that involves flavouring steamed rice, marinated cottage cheese and veggies with massaman curry paste and garnishing the preparation with crisp crushed peanuts and spring onion greens.
- For the massaman curry paste
- 1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the shallots, chillies and lemon grass and fry till the shallots soften. Cool and keep aside.
- 2. Dry roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, clove and star anise. Cool.
- 3. In a blender, grind all the ingredients including the lemon rind, cinnamon powder and salt. Keep aside.
- For the rice
- Marinate the paneer in 1 tbsp of the curry paste for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the remaining massaman curry paste and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the french beans and carrots and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the marinated paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot garnished with the spring onions and crushed peanuts.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||217.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.