by Tarla Dalal
Added to 101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59160 times
Making Mango Barfi can be back-breaking work if you do not know the right shortcuts such as this!
Using readymade khoya and mango pulp makes the job simpler and faster, as you do not have to cook the milk for hours.
This recipe enables you to make Mango Barfi in around 20 minutes, but you need to plan in the setting time of eight hours, so prepare it well in advance of when you need it.
Plus, remember to add the alum although we are preparing this with khoya rather than fresh milk, because alum imparts a nice, crumbly texture to the barfi.
Also do try our other Barfi recipes like Rose Barfi , Khajur Pista Almond Barfi and many more.
- Combine the mava and sugar in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the alum, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes or till the mixture turns light brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mango pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 11 minutes or till the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan completely, while stirring continuously.
- Keep aside to cool slightly for 2 minutes and transfer the mixture into a 150 mm. (6") diameter and 25 mm. (1”) deep greased plate.
- Allow it to set for 8 hours.
- Cut into 9 equal squares.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.