Malai Kofta Curry, Creamy Kofta Curry
by Tarla Dalal
मलाई कोफ्ता करी
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Malai Kofta Curry, Creamy Kofta Curry in Hindi)
મલાઇ કોફ્તા કરી
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Malai Kofta Curry, Creamy Kofta Curry in Gujarati)
Added to 1348 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 554789 times
Extremely soft koftas that melt in your mouth, dipped in a creamy tomato-flavoured gravy that soothes and cradles your taste buds, that is what the Malai Kofta Curry is!
The mouth-melting koftas are made of fresh coconut and potatoes rather than the more common paneer-based koftas, and the gravy too is a class apart as it is neither bland nor too spicy, combining cream and tomato in a well-balanced proportion.
Malai Kofta Curry tastes best when served with Butter Garlic Naan or Tandoori Roti and Jeera Rice .
- Combine the coconut, green chillies, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the coconut stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the potatoes and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the potato mixture into 12 equal portions.
- Flatten a portion of the potato mixture in between your palms, make a depression and place one portion of the coconut stuffing in the centre.
- Bring together the edges towards the centre to seal the stuffing and shape it into a round ball.
- Roll it in bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 to make 11 more koftas.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the koftas, a few at a time, till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the tomato pulp and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the curd-water mixture, cream and cornflour-water mixture mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the gravy.
- Add the koftas, mix gently and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.