Lemon Green Beans with Sea Salt
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1157 times
Lemon Green Beans with Sea Salt is such a stunning way to enjoy French beans! Cooked in such a way that the vibrant green colour and juicy texture are retained, the beans are served with a sprinkling of sea salt and lemon zest, which give an awesome flavour.
Be generous with the sea salt as it is very effective in enhancing the taste of the beans. The beans must be crunchy after cooking – if you cook them for too long, they will become soft and the colour will darken.
You can also try other French Beans recipes like the Stir Fried French Beans and Garlic or Stir Fried French Beans with Kalonji .
- Heat enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the salt and bring the water to boil, add the french beans and cook on medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer immediately to ice-cold water and keep it aside for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Strain the french beans and remove all the excess water.
- Transfer them on a dry muslin cloth and let them dry completely.
- Combine the french beans, olive oil and lemon juice in a deep bowl and toss them well.
- Serve immediately topped with sea salt and lemon zest.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.