Layered Spicy Vegetable Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 131 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37100 times
A delicious preparation of rice layered with a preparation of assorted veggies and marinated capsicum in tomato ketchup, the Layered Spicy Vegetable Pulao is actually a one-dish meal in its own right. It has everything from cereals and veggies to spices and tomato ketchup too, and baking the arrangement ensures a uniform blend of flavours.
- Combine the prepared paste and capsicum in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the sugar and cook till the sugar melts.
- Add the cinnamon and cloves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the rice, salt and 1½ cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the rice is cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- When the rice is cooked, transfer to a big plate and allow it to cool slightly.
- Add 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup and ½ tsp of chilli sauce and mix well. Divide the rice into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in another broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Combine the marinated capsicum, mixed boiled vegetables, the remaining 4 tbsp of tomato ketchup and remaining 1½ tsp of chilli sauce, sautéed onions and salt in a deep bowl and mixwell. Keep aside.
- Grease a baking dish with a little oil, put 1 portion of rice in it and spread it evenly.
- Put the mixed vegetable mixture over it and spread it evenly.
- Put the 2nd portion of the rice over it and spread it evenly.
- Cover with a lid and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.