Baked Rice with Green Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 237 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31693 times
Subtly-spiced rice interspersed with a coriander and mint flavoured curry carrying cubes of paneer – surely, the baked rice with green curry will prove to be a fantastic treat for your taste buds! an aesthetic sprinkling of green peas and potato slices around the rice adds to the good looks.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the cardamom and prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the curds and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green peas and paneer, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the caraway seeds, cinnamon and cloves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the rice into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Grease a deep microwave-safe bowl using ghee, put 1 portion of the prepared rice in it and spread it evenly using the back of the spoon.
- Put the prepared curry over it and spread it evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Put the 2nd portion of rice over it and spread it evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Pour the milk over it, cover with a microwave-safe lid on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Just before serving, turn upside down on a big serving plate.
- Serve immediately garnished with green peas and potato salli.
Baked Rice With Green Curry Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||625.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||12.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.8 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.