5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4461 times
A tasty snack from the kitchens of Karnataka, Kadubu can be enjoyed for breakfast or as an evening snacks.
There are numerous types of Kadubu made in Karnataka. Some kadubus are like modaks but with an oblong shape – a rice flour dough is stuffed with sweet or savoury fillings and steamed.
Then, there are the quick and easy variants where a course flour of rice and spices is cooked in hot water to make a dough, which is then shaped and steamed.
These kadubus that are made without a stuffing are quite easy and can be made quickly for breakfast. Here is one such handy Kadubu recipe from Karnataka.
You can also try other classic recipes from Karnataka like Akki Roti or Rava Dosa.
- Dry roast the rice semolina on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the coconut, cumin seeds, green chillies and blend it to a coarse mixture. Keep aside.
- Put 3 cups of water , oil and salt in a deep pan and allow to boil on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the coarse mixture, coriander and curry leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the roasted rice semolina while stirring it continuously , to make it like a thick upma. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Apply little water on your fingers and divide the upma into 15 equal portions.
- Roll each portion using your palms and shape into a round flat tikki.
- Repeat step 7 to make 14 more portions.
- Place all the flatten portion in a steamer over lapping each other and steam it for 20 minutes on a medium flame.
- Serve immediately with chutney, sambhar.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kadubu
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.