Jalapeno Mayo Balls, Party Starter Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2977 times
Jalapeno Mayo Balls is a unique party starter, in which you can actually recognize three exciting different layers.
Right at the heart of these balls is a gooey mixture of mayonnaise and jalapeno, where you can experience the interplay between creamy mayo and pungent jalapeno. Atop that is a layer of potatoes, interestingly flavoured with tangy amchur and chatpata chaat masala. The first impression, however, comes from the crisp outer layer of maida and bread crumbs, which really shakes awake your taste buds.
Different, and guaranteed to please all, the Jalapeno Mayo Balls is sure to earn you several compliments.
Enjoy how to make Jalapeno Mayo Balls recipe with detailed step by step photos and video.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- To make jalapeno mayo balls recipe, divide the potato covering mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into small rounds.
- Gently flatten it and press gently in the center so as to make a depression and place a little stuffing in the centre.
- Bring all the sides together, seal them completely and roll them again lightly so as to get a smooth finish.
- Dip each ball into the prepared plain flour batter and roll it in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes so deep-frying becomes easier.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry 3 to 4 balls at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain the jalapeno mayo balls on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
Jalapeno Mayo Balls recipe video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ball
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.