Herb Rice with Spinach and Tomato Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 76 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19106 times
This one-dish meal is a delight for the diner! Herby rice with the prominent flavour of coriander is coated with a creamy spinach sauce and a peppy tomato gravy. Together the two saucy layers give the rice dish a luscious mouth-feel and an unforgettable flavour. A topping of cheese adds to the flavour as well as texture of this dish, making it a truly exciting bowlful to place on the table for lunch or dinner. We have cooked the assembled Herb Rice with Spinach and Tomato Gravy in the microwave oven instead of baking it, so the procedure gets much faster. Serve it immediately.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, and add the green chillies, coriander and mixed herbs and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add rice, salt and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minutes, while stirring ocassionally and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for few second.
- Add the spinach, salt and fresh cream and mash well using a potato masher.
- Add pepper powder and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the oregano and tomato, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, sugar, chilli powder and fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Grease a microwave safe dish with oil.
- Put the rice and spread it evenly with the help of a spoon. Press it lightly.
- Than put the spinach layer and spread it evenly with the help of a spoon. Press it lightly.
- Pour the tomato gravy on top and spread it evenly with the help of a spoon. Press it lightly.
- Finally sprinkle cheese evenly over it.
- Cover it with a microwave-safe lid and microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Herb Rice with Spinach and Tomato Gravy Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.