by Tarla Dalal
Added to 154 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 141069 times
Made in just 1 teaspoon of oil, this puffed cereal and cornflakes chivda is lighter and healthier than the original.
- Roast the puffed cereals, cornflakes and peanuts in a non-stick pan, stirring occasionally till crisp (approx. 3 to 4 minutes).
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, green chillies, curry leaves and roasted chana dal and stir.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the roasted puffed cereals, cornflakes, peanuts, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.