Green Tomato Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35303 times
Green tomato kadhi is tangy and spicy kadhi with combination of green tomatoes and green chillies. It is thickened with coconut. Serve hot with roti or rice.
- Combine the tomatoes, coconut and green chillies along with 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Once completely cooled blend along with 1 cup of water in a blender till smooth.
- Strain the mixer in a deep bowl using a strainer and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida and the curry leaves and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato-coconut purée, sugar, salt and coriander and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.