Garlic and Macaroni Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 41 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9522 times
Sumptuous and lip-smacking, nobody will have anything to complain about this pizza! A topping of herbed macaroni and garlic combined with a peppy red capsicum sauce makes this pizza really appetizing. Cooking and chopping the macaroni ensures that it blends uniformly with the other ingredients.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the macaroni, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and a little salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the red capsicum and 2 cups of hot water in a bowl, cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the water, combine the red capsicum and onions in a mixer and blend into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the capsicum-onion mixture, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide it the sauce into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a pizza base on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the red capsicum sauce evenly over it.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of garlic, 1 portion of the herbed macaroni topping and finally ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 3 more pizzas.
- Place 2 pizzas on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the base is evenly browned and the cheese melts.
- Repeat step 4 to bake 2 more pizzas.
- Cut into equal wedges and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.