Egg Roll, Breakfast Or Snack Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22640 times
The Egg Roll is a unique and tasty recipe, in which cooked rotis are lined with an egg mixture, cooked again, and then wrapped with the yummiest assortment of onions, veggies and sauces.
With an amazing mix of textures and flavours, the Egg Roll is sure to appease young and old alike. It can be had for breakfast or enjoy as a mid-day snack.
It will be loved by kids too, but you might want to reduce the amount of chillies for them. You can even pack it in the tiffin dabba as it stays good for 3 hours.
While we have made the rotis with plain flour and butter, you can also make it with whole wheat flour. If you enjoyed the Egg Roll, you are also sure to enjoy other egg recipes like the Masala Omelette Pav or French Omelette .
- Combine all the ingredients into a deep bowl and mix well.
- Knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle without using any flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with 1 tsp of oil, place the rolled circle on it and cook using 1 tsp of oil till it turns brown spots appear from both the sides. Do not cook it till it is crisp otherwise it will be difficult to roll.
- Repeat step 6 to make 3 more rotis. Keep aside.
- Break an egg in a small bowl, add a little salt and pepper and whisk well using a fork.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with ½ tsp of oil, pour the egg mixture on it and immediately place the cooked roti over it.
- Cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, turn over and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Transfer on a clean, dry surface with the egg side facing upwards. Put ¼ th of the onion mixture spread it horizontally and 10 cucumber strips over it.
- Spread 2 tsp of tomato ketchup and 1 tsp of chilli sauce evenly over it.
- Roll it tightly from both the sides.
- Place the egg roll over a rectangular shaped butter paper and wrap one side with it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 7 to make 3 more egg rolls.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roll
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.